Our Boys Baseball Club
|Add a Ballgame|
|Add a Predecessor Game|
|Add a Field|
|Add a Club|
|Add a Player|
|Add a Game Official|
|Base Ball Firsts|
|Add a Base Ball First|
|Waff's Game Tabulation|
|Bob Tholkes RIM Tabulation|
|Nick Name||Our Boys|
|Earliest Known Date||1877|
|Last Known Game|
|Location||Quebec, Quebec, Canada|
The Quebec Saturday Budget, May 19, 1877: "Base Ball Match--There was a very exciting and interesting match last week on the Cove Field, between the 'Starlights' and 'Our Boys'." The latter won by "26 scores".
Cove Field is a park in Quebec City.
The Quebec Daily Telegraph, June 29, 1893, ran an ad saying: "Quebec Baseball Club. There will be a meeting of the Baseball Club this evening, after the practice. ... J. S. Lynch, Secretary."
The Quebec Saturday Budget, May 1, 1897, has an article on the forming of the Quebec Baseball League, with clubs from Quebec, Fraserville and Three Rivers.
A Quebec team joined the East Canada League (class B minor league) in 1923. They were nicknamed the Bulldogs, after a famous Quebec hockey team.
Quebec Saturday Budget, May 19, 1877; Daily Telegraph, June 29, 1893
|Has Source On Hand||No|
Quebec had 59,000 residents in 1871.Edit with form to add a comment
|Query||Edit with form to add a query|
|Found by||Bruce Allardice|
|First in Location||Quebec, Quebec, Canada|
|First in Location Note|
|Entry Origin Url|
|Local-Origin Study Groups|
|Has Supplemental Text|
No games have been posted for this Club yet.
No players have been associated with this Club yet.
<comments voting="Plus" />