- Uniforms by Larry McCray
- Early uniforms and their significance (1st round completed August 2014)
- The Grounds by Marty Payne
- What made for a suitable local playing site . . . . location, surface topography, or what?
- Base Ball Fever by Jeffrey Kittel
- What was the nation’s “Base Ball Fever” (1865-1870) experience like in your area?
- Patterns of Spread by Larry McCray
- How do we explain the observed patterns of local propagation of base ball . . . population shifts, transportation technologies, news media effects, etc.
- Predecessor Pastimes by Larry McCray
- What prior ballgames, if any, were played in the area . . . by adults, youths, juveniles, females before the NY game reached the area? Were local on-field/off-field variations maintained in some areas?
- Accounts by Larry McCray
- How did game accounts evolve locally? What were local box-score summaries like?? Was quantification and/or statistics important in the local popularity of the game?
- Media Effects by Larry McCray
- The galvanizing role of local and of distant news coverage, if any
- Gambling's Role by Larry McCray
- Was local gambling an essential factor in the diffusion of the game?
- The Big Tours by Larry McCray
- Were the broad regional tours by famous clubs an important part of base ball’s local appeal?
- The Beneficiaries by Larry McCray
- Is it clear who profited from the growth of the game in your area? Did that affect the game on the field? How?
- Competing Pastimes by Larry McCray
- What other pastimes, if any, rivaled early base ball . . . and is it clear why base ball seemed to win out over them?
- Playing to Win by Larry McCray
- Playing to win vs. playing just for fellowship or exercise
- Club Makeup by Larry McCray
- Did club rosters reflect ethnic or social divisions, gradations in athletic talent, players’ ages, or what? Did minority groups form their own clubs?