|Add a Ballgame|
|Add a Predecessor Game|
|Add a Field|
|Add a Club|
|Add a Player|
|Add a Game Official|
|Base Ball Firsts|
|Add a Base Ball First|
|Waff's Game Tabulation|
|Bob Tholkes RIM Tabulation|
|Location||Allegheny, PA, United States|
|Modern Address||700 Arch Street|
Many games of the Pittsburgh teams were played at the "commons" of Allegheny, described variously as the east or west commons. It appears (from an 1856 map) this location was the modern Commons Park (est. 1867) a few blocks north of where the current Pirates Stadium is.
The Duquesne Club's early games were described as being played on "the commons" near the Theological Seminary. The 1861 Pittsburgh/Allegheny city directory has the "theological seminary" on the corner of Buena Vista and Shanopin. Shanopin (Shanapine: now, North Ave.) was then the northern boundary of the commons, with Buena Vista a north-south street running into Shanopin from the north, near the Penitentiary (which was in the northwest part of the common).
Allegheny was in the 1860s a separate city. It is now a part of Pittsburgh.
|Comment||Edit with form to add a comment|
|Query||Edit with form to add a query|
|Found by||Bruce Allardice|
|Entered by||Bruce Allardice|
Currently, no clubs are noted to have used this field
|Page||Date||City||Borough||State||Team 1||Team 2||Score||First in||Contributor|
|Ballgame||1860-06-27||Allegheny||PA||Allegheny Club of Allegheny||Duquesne Club of Pittsburgh||32 - 31||Craig Waff|
|Ballgame||1860-07-26||Allegheny||PA||Fort Pitt Base Ball Club of Pittsburgh||Keystone Club of Pittsburgh||50 - 30||Craig Waff|
|Ballgame||1865-09-22||Allegheny||PA||First National Club of Pittsburgh||Sherman Club of Pittsburgh||64 - 25||Allegheny, PA||Bruce Allardice|